Tuesday 23 December 2014

WITHOUT THEE: A poem

WITHOUT THEE

Be it in the autumn, in spring, in the summer
It does not, at all matter
When I get up early
I am with you
With a hangover of our dreams
Long overdue

I drink you with the sugar
Dissolved in a cup of tea
I bite you with a piece of cake
Mixed with marmalade
So spread

You’re on my food
on my blood
With the energy and enthusiasm of a flood
When I go for a walk
I breathe you with the droplets of morning dew
In the very young view
In the early, shy rays of the sun
That stir and dissolve the mist
Hovering, dancing at its best

I see you reflecting
On the greenness of the grass
In the hollowness, emptiness
In the rain, in the storms
In the thunder, in the language
In the blue melodies of the sky, so high
Drifting, swaying with the sprinkles of fog
With the clouds when they hug

When I go to work, there you are
I sense you on my computer
In the screen
So graphic, so fine
I copy you, I paste you
I save you and save you
For the day, for every day

In the winter I touch you
On the falling flakes of the snow
That I round and throw
You are on the ice
That becomes slippery with disguise
I see you on the reflection of the light
Illuminating the darkness
Of a long and lonely night
Making a magnificent light

I can’t imagine, a moment
A period, an event
What I could be
My dear without thee

Mohamed Kheir 2002


No comments:

Post a Comment